- some black beans (if using canned, about 2 cans, drained - honestly i didn't measure mine - they were frozen cooked dry beans)
- 4-6 chicken tenders, or 1-2 chicken breasts (raw)
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (or equivalent) of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz of chicken or veggie broth
- 1 can (or equivalent) of corn
- 1tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more if you used no canned veggies, less if you used all canned veggies)
Heat a bit of oil in a large stock pot, add garlic, onion, celery and cut up chicken. Saute until chicken is done.
Add broth, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and spices. Simmer for 30-45 mins or more.
serve with tortilla chips - and if you're not dairy free, this would be fabulous with sour cream and cheddar on top.
oh and i made this bread today. isn't it lovely?