Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mollie is 6 years old today.

Mollie, my oldest, turned 6 today.  What a BIG DEAL! I remember turning 6 ..  I remember what it was like being 6 ... i can't believe i have a 6 year old .. today we celebrated, by doing what Mollie wanted to do - We went to Jump Mania (bouncy-house-place), out to lunch at Bandana's BBQ (Mollie's choice for grilled cheese), then on to Orange leaf (self serve frozen yogurt place) and finally, big-girl bicycle shopping.  Mollie now has a 20" bike .. didn't even come with training wheels! (and she doesn't need them anyway!) Mother nature decided to celebrate with us with near record breaking temperatures, 25 degrees above average for this time of year!  (high around 80) .. it was a great day.  Jamie had a bit of  hard time with all the attention Mollie got today, but i'm hoping that will make his birthday in 2 months that much more fun for him.  Annie also enjoyed the festivities, she had her first temporary tattoo, she loved the balloons, and she learned the joy of eating just the frosting off a cupcake. 

Everyone stayed up a little late, but they're all in bed (just past 8) and its time for me to sit down and recover from birthday mania.. 

Also, I should mention that i got a ton done yesterday because I knew it wouldn't happen today.. I baked bread, chocolate chip muffins, granola bars and corn muffins.  I did 3 loads of laundry (2 of which i put away tonight).  So now, even though we played all day today I don't have 2 million things to do to catch up tomorrow.  I still have a lot to do, but at least its not catching up, just the usual stuff. 


2 comments:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. mollie addison

    ReplyDelete