Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk substitute (I used rice milk)
- 2/3 cup sugar (I used half/half coconut sugar and raw sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
prepare muffin pan with paper liners, or grease well.
Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then combine wet ingredients in a 2nd bowl - combine.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3s full, bake for 20-25 mins, check with a toothpick and cool before frosting ..
Speaking of frosting..
I frosted these cupcakes with coconut oil frosting - i combined about 2 cups powdered sugar and 3/4 cup coconut oil to make a coconuty frosting. It was super easy to make, but not very easy to spread, it has to be hot to be workable at all but once you've got it on the cupcakes it tastes great and its nice to know its not just shortening ..