7 1/2 c. water (distilled is best)
1 c. brown rice flour or white rice flour
1 tsp. guar gum
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 cup oil, I used grapeseed
1 c. honey
- Over high heat, bring six cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine rice flour and 1 1/2 cups water, mixing thoroughly.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, in a large, heat-safe mixing bowl, whisk to combine guar gum and xanthan gum. Add the oil, and stir thoroughly. Add honey, and mix with an electric mixer or immersion blender until well-combined.
- Once the water in the saucepan boils, stir in the rice flour mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Turn down heat to medium-low and boil at least five minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and no longer gritty.
- Then, pour the brown rice mixture to the mixing bowl, using a silicone spatula to scrape the sides of the saucepan. (Be careful, as the brown rice mixture is very hot. Alternately, cover the rice mixture and cool it until it is easier/safer to handle.) With an electric mixer, beat on high until ingredients are thoroughly combined.