Saturday, May 25, 2013

Flats Challenge 2013 day 6: not much to say

Today is day 6 of the 3rd annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge! This challenge is hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  

I talked at the beginning of the challenge about how not excited I was feeling. Well, I'm still not excited and I'm not overly happy or sad that the challenge is ending! Its just slipped right into my normal routine and life in a way it hasn't in the past - I think washing diapers in the kitchen sink (vs the bathtub) has made a big difference for us! 


As summer comes, I'm excited to line dry more diapers - I just wish I could come up with a good solution to line dry our cloth napkins - we use SO MANY cloth wipes and napkins that it would take forever to hang them up - and it seems silly to line dry flats
and machine dry napkins.  the flats challenge has led to me doing what would be diaper laundry ("napkin laundry") a lot less often - so in theory I could keep hand washing the flats and it would save me several loads of diapers/napkins a week (4-5 loads, to be exact).  Another possibility would be to keep the diaper and wipes in separate wet bags and wash them in different loads since without the diapers I only need to wash napkins once or twice a week. (Diapers need to be washed every 1-2 days ) of course once I figure all this out, it will change as baby grows! 

So, I realize I didn't really say much today, but its an open topic day and I have nothing groundbreaking to say, and I think that is good - this shouldn't be anything special the 3rd time around - flats are simple, you figure them out and you've got them figured out , they don't change much and there are only so many ways to fold them - even if there are more ways, we don't need them! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your deck clothes lines! We used to have that same set up at our old house, and I loved just being able to pop out onto the deck and hang everything. Plus the deck was always much hotter, so everything would dry quickly. Now we have a retractable line that is stretched most of the way across our backyard.

    ReplyDelete