I did it! Finally!
Jamie is turning 4 tomorrow - today he had his 'birthday party' after our homeschool co-op - Among the group we have allergies to dairy, gluten, egg, corn, and peanuts (and more!).
Jamie requested brownies or chocolate cake..
This is what i came up with after a failed chocolate cupcake recipe..
Black bean (egg free) brownies!
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (or equivalent) black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1.5 tbsp oil (i used grapeseed)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup choice of sugar (I used 1/2 coconut 1/2 raw sugar)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Process all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 mins in a greased pan (8x8) until they pass a tooth pick test and have begun separating from the edge of the pan.
|Black bean brownie cupcakes WITH egg.|