Original recipe from here
I am just recording what i changed so i won't forget, and of course in case the recipe disappears as so often happens when i find one i like on another blog ...
I want to try using this dough for cinnamon rolls, or some kind of chocolate chip version of this bread..
* 1 3/4 cup sorghum
* 3/4 cup millet
* 3/4 cup tapioca starch
* 3/4 cup potato starch
* 1¼ cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
* 2½ tsp yeast
* 3 tsp xanthan
* ½ tsp salt
* ¾ cup sugar
* 2 Tbsp melted vegetable shortening/earth balance spread Filling
* 3 Tbsp shortening/butter substitute
* 1-2 apples sliced thin
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* 2½ tsp cinnamon
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 4 tsp water
1. Heat ¼ cup of milk of choice to 100 degrees. Add yeast and set aside for until foaming.
2. Mix all dry ingredients for the dough. Combine yeast, melted shortening and remaining milk of choice.
3. Vigorously mix ingredients by hand for 10 minutes or stand mixer for 5 minutes to help activate gum. Cover bowl and let dough rest for 10 minutes. Work on apples while waiting.
4. Wash, peel and core apples. Thinly slice apples into small bite size bits, set aside until needed.
5. Lightly grease a sheet of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet. With greased hands, gently press out dough to form a rectangle approximately 16x20 inches.
6. Lightly spread shortening over entire dough. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar and evenly sprinkle over entire dough (reserve 2 Tbsp for sprinkling on top)
7. Slice dough into 6 equal rows lengthwise (right to left) and 4 equal columns width wise (top to bottom)
8. Gently drop apple bits over entire dough in a single layer. (You'll have a little apples left over)
9. Carefully move each square into a 9 x 5 inch bread pan stacking upon one another. For the last end piece, make sure the filling side is down so the it won't stick to the pan. Sprinkle with remaining filling.
10. Cover with plastic and allow to rise in a warm area for 20 minutes. (do not allow dough to double in size or risk collapse during baking)
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top turns golden brown and internal temp reaches 190 degrees F. Remove from oven and allow to sit in the pan to steam another 10 minutes before removing to fully cool on a wire rack.