Vanilla Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten Free)
1 cup rice milk
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup tapioca starch
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/3 cup corn flour OR 1/3 cup almond flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tray with cupcake liners or grease muffin tin really well
2. In the mixer (i used my kitchen aid for this) combine rice milk, oil, sugar and extracts, mix until just combined. Add tapioca flour and flax seed and mix for about a minute until the tapioca flour is dissolved and the mixture is well emulsified.
3. Add the corn flour, rice flour, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on Medium for about 2 minutes.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little over 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
We made this yummy but not terribly healthy frosting.
and this wonderful bread! I broke the 'rules' and made some changes to the recipe, but i don't have it perfected yet.. i'll let you all know, so far, i think this will be our new bread of choice.